|Northwest Suburban Integration School District|
|Welcome to Northwest Suburban Integration School District website. The Magnet Lottery Priority Application for school
year 2015-16 opened Tuesday, October 21, 2014. Students that apply during the priority application period have the best chance of being assigned to a magnet school of their choice. Kindergarten students must be born on or before September 1, 2010 in order to be eligible to apply for the 2015-16 school year. |
Click here to access the 2015-16 Magnet Lottery Priority Application.
The Priority Application closing date has changed and
will be December 31, 2014.
NWSISD offers magnet schools from grades K-12 in three themes: Arts, International Baccalaureate (IB), and STEM/STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math). Click through our website to learn more about us!
|Operation Graduation: A College and Career Conference for Girls|
Integration School District (NWSISD) in partnership with North Hennepin
Community College, presented Operation Graduation at North Hennepin Community College (NHCC) located
in Brooklyn Park. Operation Graduation
united a group of 95 female high school students in grades 9 and 10 from across
the NWSISD collaborative to participate in workshops, panel discussions about
college life, and in a career fair.
|College Visits 2014-15|
College visits are an integral part of high school. By participating in
college visits, students of all cultures will find information
they need in order to gain a better understanding of the services each
college provides for the college bound student. Download our College Visit brochure - sign up and join us on our next visit!
Upcoming Events with NWS
Upcoming Step Up Mentorship Events
- Grade 9 college visit and tour of Anoka Technical College - October 27, 2014, 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Download event flyer.
- Grade 10 Think Tank event and activity! October 29, 2014, 10 a.m. - Noon. Download flyer.
- Grade 12 Conversation Circles. November 10, 2014, 9 a.m. - Noon. Download flyer.
_______________________________Providing Student Support Outside the Classroom
- NWSISD Inter-District Partnership (IDP) Meeting, Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 8:15 - 10:30 a.m. Download flyer.
- Learn strategies for facilitating student-led groups
- Gain insight on the Essence Mentoring program
- Get information on College Visits
- Share best practices and brainstorm ways to collaborate cross district
RSVP for this event.
2014-15 College Visits
Executive Director Search
Northwest Suburban is in the process of hiring a new Executive Director. We are seeking input from our stakeholders. Please see the link below for more information. Stakeholder Letter
(pdf) revised 10/05/14Profile for Executive Director